* It occurs to me that there is a silver lining in this house-full-of-sick-kids business…this is a beautiful reminder that three children are plenty, thankyouverymuch. Any time I romanticize having another baby (snuggly, smelling-good, sweet bundle that just eats and sleeps and cries), I will remember this day (puke and snotty noses and 10 loads of laundry – not kidding – and croup).
* Is there a better feeling in the world than wrapping up in a soft blanket fresh from the dryer?
* I HATE my washing machine. More than the actual machine, I hate that the floor it sits on is not flat, which is the real problem. We’ve done everything imaginable to level it, but as soon as there is a slightly off-balanced load (I’m talking like a wet hand towel can cause a problem), the machine acts all crazy. I do not have time to babysit the washer.
* Hooray for Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals (they’re heading to the SuperBowl in case you aren’t a football fan)! I didn’t really pay any attention to the NFL until the playoffs, but I love Kurt Warner and will cheer for whatever team he’s playing for. Ironically, it’s a team that used to be in STL.
* I hate being left out of fun family things. Waaah.
* Update on health: we’ve really had an OK day. Luke’s been quarantined, which doesn’t make him happy, but that’s the way it goes around here if you barf. Bennett’s been fine all day, just blew his nose a couple of times and that’s it, so here’s hoping he’s done with croup. Forever. And no one else is sick. Yet.
Bennett is really missing his big brother today. It was so sweet at bedtime when he prayed, he asked God to make Luke feel better, and then he got a little teary-eyed because he missed him! That boy has the power to tug at my heartstrings in one minute, and the next he does something so ridiculous I can’t stand it.
* I don’t even know how to introduce this video clip, except to say that it’s just Bennett being Bennett. He does this little “yeah” celebration when he likes something. It’s so weird and funny to me that I had to share it (Jack Henry has his own little version of it now, too!). We think he may have adapted it from what the Miis do on Wii Play when they win a round, but we’re not sure and he has no idea.