1. This morning we registered for swim lessons and Bennett’s t-ball team. Hooray! Summer is right around the corner! And, we ran into friends at the park where we registered, which was really fun for the boys (and nice for me, too).
2. Jack Henry’s ear tubes = a resounding success. Today was his 5 month checkup, and he hasn’t had an infection since getting them.
3. Ahem. Today, I may have let my 18-month-old listen to my MP3 player while I had a chiropractor’s appointment. He *may* have listened to the High School Musical 3 soundtrack, which is burned in my brain…I swear I sing it in my sleep; it’s as if I cannot escape it. By the end of my appointment, he had mastered how to put the earbuds in his ears. It was pretty cute. Also – the first song on the CD is called “Now or Never” and they say “sixteen, sixteen” in the background in hushed voices as the song begins (they’re referring to 16 minutes in a basketball half). Jack Henry imitates this all. the. time. He has virtually no other words, but he can say “sixteen,” which is a riot to me.
4. Luke’s first baseball practice was tonight! Of course, he loved it. Baseball is his thing, he told me.
5. Bennett got his first birthday present in the mail today (a bit early, courtesy of the Kelly fam). Here’s what it sounded like when he opened it:
(very excited, loud voice) “Awesome! Tawesome! Sawesome! Pawesome! I have been wanting this!”
Me: “Do you know what it is?”
However, when we got it out of the box, he loved it, of course!
6. I got Jack Henry out of the bathtub tonight, wrapped him in a towel, and was startled at the reflection in the mirror of me holding my boy. I think I was expecting to see this:
And instead, I was holding this (of course, he was in the towel at the time…this is just a couple of minutes later):
Note to the extended families: do you recognize those jammies? Luke got them for his second birthday, and they’ve been everyone’s favorite. JH gets to wear them a little earlier than his brothers did!
7. This kid, who makes me want to pull my hair out some days, also really makes me laugh when he says random things like, “I’m sure being a good boy today! Right now at least I am!”
8. I kinda like this guy. And the fact that he can grow a beard (albeit a bit more salt-and-pepper than it used to be!) like a lumberjack in a week. He’s clean-shaven now, and I like that too, but I do love facial hair.