About the flu, I mean. Not life in general.
1. The fever seems to come and go a lot, especially with the kids. Luke has now twice gone 12+ and later, 24+ hours without a fever only to have it return. Very frustrating. This is obviously one way that makes this virus easy to spread…you think they’re better but they’re not.
2. For me, at least, the body aches were the worst part of all of this. The really bad cold-type symptoms only lasted 36 hours or so, and now I just feel like I have the remnants of a bad cold and slightly sore throat.
3. If you can afford it and it’s available in your area, absolutely get Tamiflu. I am certain that it’s made a world of difference in the severity of our symptoms. Especially Bennett, who had already had two of the prevention doses when his actual symptoms started; he’s been the mildest of the three of us, which is good because of his croupy sounding cough and my fear that his stridor breathing would get worse and need attention. So far, so good.
4. Everyone will be OK even if they’ve watched countless hours of mindless television and eaten bad food for days on end. I’m going to have to deprogram them when this is all over.
5. My husband has claimed super immunity to this strain of flu for some reason. I hope he’s right. Especially since he’s the only family member who can stop for pizza on the way home and pick up some milk at the convenience store!
I just realized that I missed my second blogging anniversary in the midst of all this sickness. Anyway, thank you so much for reading what I write! 🙂