Seriously. 2010? I feel like just yesterday were were all freaking out over the end of the world, aka Y2K.
Here’s a glimpse of our NYE…video taken at about 6:55 pm, after a rousing game of Blokus (video taken on my new Flip camera!). We usually get together with the Swinigans, but Luke’s had a low-grade fever and cough for a couple of days, so we had to cancel. But, no NYE party is complete without confetti.
Alas, a new year = a good time to think about what I want 2010 to look like. Which means looking back at my 2009 goals.
1. Of course, lose weight/get fit. Marginal improvement in this area for several months of the year in the fitness department (which didn’t result in weight loss, but that was ok), but since the 5K I’ve not cared much. Reluctantly hopping back on that wagon…
2. Skin care – improved. I can still do a better job with the face washing, but I’ve got sunscreen on my face every day. Important stuff. By the way, if anyone can recommend a good exfoliating scrub, I’m interested, but only if it doesn’t cost a fortune.
3. Daily Bible reading. I do great for a while, then quit.
4. Cook one new meal a month. While this wasn’t a conscious decision to make sure I made at least one, I know we did this. And found some new favorites.
5. Christmas projects – projects, plural?…hmmm. Honestly, I’m wondering if I forgot to do one of them I was planning! I did one big one, which I’ll share soon.
6. Blurb book did NOT happen. I found it very difficult to do. Might have to revisit that idea…
7. I am far worse at Guitar Hero since last Christmas. A wrist injury forced me to not play for several months, and since my wrist has been better, I just haven’t cared!
So, for 2010…
1. Sign up for a 5K again. I know having something like that out in front of me will make me train again.
2. Read more: daily Bible reading and novels, because I really enjoy both. Just need to make time for this…it’s important.
3. Continue finding ways to make our meals as healthy as possible. I love eating junky food over the holidays like everyone else, but it leaves me feeling pretty gross. Of course, if things we try are good, I’ll post them over at Three More Bites.
4. I might give the Blurb book another try. No promises.
5. Biggie this year: stay organized. With a move hopefully in our near future, I am starting now with the decluttering (actually, I already started this a few months ago, but it needs to continue – I love when organizations call for donations. I always have a few bags for them!). Also, when I’m organized, other things work better in my life: meals get made, I’m more patient with the kids (but can always do better in this area, too), etc. This will be especially important as a big change we’re making for the first half of the year is that I’m babysitting my nephew, Will, full-time while his regular babysitter has twins. So check back often for daily cuteness of having a baby in the house!
So, what’s on your list this year?