It’s one of those days. You know the kind. 2pm and I just ate lunch, there’s tons of laundry to fold, I’ve just returned from my 4th trip to the pediatrician in 3+ weeks (JH is now on zithromax for what is very likely walking pneumonia) kind of day. Oh, and we’re planning to get our house in the market in the next 10 days or so, and we might be making an offer on a house tonight. Not that any of that is hanging over my head or anything.
And because 2:45 on a Monday afternoon seems a bit early for a glass of wine (if it were Friday, I could maybe rationalize), I decided instead to focus on a few things I’m thankful for right now…
1a. My boys have been sick with stuff since Christmas, but it’s all treatable and nothing is serious, which is especially good because this was our first illness with wheezing, and it didn’t get worse after we started treating the boys with antibiotics.
And here’s me really finding the silver lining: I found out today that ONE of Jack Henry’s ear tubes is still in place. One is better than none, right? UPDATED: one tube still in place.
1c. While our health insurance is expensive, at least we have it.
2. Matt and I have been waiting/planning for this very time in our lives for the last several years, and it’s finally here. I’m so excited (and nervous and freaking out, but mostly excited).
3. Things are going well with having Will here. This afternoon he’s actually home with his mommy (don’t worry; everything’s fine. Her flight back to STL from a little trip was delayed and she had to take a personal day today, so the two of them are hanging out!). It’s busy with four kids, but I’m getting the hang of it.
4. Good friends, old and new.
5. A glass of wine at an appropriate time of day (like 9pm, kids in bed, in my pjs).
7. My favorite shows, especially some that are irreverently hilarious and on late at night.
8. This new website. I LOVE IT! Here’s the idea behind it. Such a neat concept.
All for now. If I’m an absentee blogger for days at a time, know that I’m still here. I’m just hip-deep in packing and a million other things…like have I mentioned that I’m kinda in charge of the Valentine’s party in Bennett’s classroom?