Phew. This day is not going as planned, but that is A-OK.
We had the master bedroom painted by a professional before we moved in. The ceilings are vaulted, and the brown paint that we decided to use only came in oil-based, and I don’t paint with that, so I’m really happy we made that decision. Over the course of the last several months I’ve gotten little things done here and there, and my uber-talented friend Heather made the curtains for me and we finally got them hung. I love how everything turned out.
Also, please note that I could have taken pictures after I picked up the room, but I did not. Keepin’ it real with pj pants on the floor, cups on the nightstand, and my ripped dress on the dresser.
Next up: guest room. This one might win my award for “Most Improved” over any other room in the house. You may remember that this was the duck room originally. Hideous. We’ll leave the description at that. It was a lot of work to prep these walls for paint after getting the wallpaper down; I didn’t scrub enough to remove the glue, and the residue reacted with the primer making it tacky and weird looking. TWO coats of primer and 2-3 coats of paint later, I was finished. I will probably still do curtains in here (I actually bought some that I think I like fine, but I don’t have a curtain rod yet) and find a couple of little accents but it’s done. Oh, and we need a fan in there, because goodness, it’s hot without a ceiling fan. But hooray! Guests don’t have to sleep on a mattress on the floor anymore.
I’d love these dandelion pictures for the wall, but even with 20% off at BB&B, they’re more than I want to spend on the guest bedroom. I’ll be watching like a hawk to see if they go on clearance.
And the after: