Easing back into a more-normal week with a list post.
1. My first awake moments of the day occurred at 3am, when my oldest had a bloody nose (he had one on Friday night, too, when I was in Chicago). This always happens during allergy season with him, but that doesn’t make it any easier to deal with. Luckily, it no longer freaks him out, and this wasn’t a bad one, but still caused a 30 minute disruption to our sleep and created a lot of laundry. Goody.
2. The van was nearly running on fumes this morning.
3. And then I spent $70 (as in SEVENTY) to fill it up. $70.
4. Jack Henry had a 9am dentist appointment…they called us back to his exam at 9:38. How does one get so behind by 9am? And I love our dentist’s office, so I’m not horribly upset, but really?
5. I found out that I need a mouth guard for nighttime, as I’ve apparently started grinding my teeth and one front tooth is starting to flatten. This is no good. Do you know how much my parents spent on making my teeth look like this? I don’t either, but it wasn’t cheap, so letting them grind away to nothingness is not gonna happen, even if I have to look like a hockey player at bedtime.
6. several other small annoyances.
1. My teeth are worth saving.
2. You would not believe the excitement level that a new toothbrush and toothpaste bring a 3-year-old. I smile just thinking about his reaction!
3. We have 2 tubs of cookie dough in the freezer from a school fundraiser. Don’t mind me, over here in the corner eating it straight from the tub.
4. My boys all smiled in their sleep when I came home late on Saturday night and kissed them goodnight.
5. Bennett’s writing…oh my goodness, every day I cannot wait to see what he brings home. Here’s the one from today:
The garage looks like a jungle because the large branch that was removed is in a Lowe’s lawn bag (as pictured on page 1) waiting for yard-waste pickup day.
6. Cobb salads.
7. We are going to buy new front and back doors, like maybe tonight! Yay for being an old person who gets excited about home improvement.
8. I am adding some great 90’s music to my iPod, and it is taking me back. I love when songs play like a soundtrack to years gone by (and in the words of my friend Joe: “Dear students, in 10 yrs the music you’re listening to now will be the soundtrack for your memories. Don’t let it be Gaga.”). For me there’s a lot of Matchbox Twenty, Oasis, Goo Goo Dolls, Garth Brooks, Real McCoy (haha!) and more, but NOTHING makes me think of Matt’s and my dating+college years like “Wonderwall”.
Your turn: what’s your good and bad of the day?