1. Jack Henry learned how to tattle this weekend, and since the first time, which was, “Mama, Wuke is doing some-fing weally, weally bad!” while at Bennett’s game, he’s tried it again a couple of times. For the record, it wasn’t exactly “weally, weally bad” but he was going into the woods, which he’s not supposed to do. So here we go with the whole “tattling isn’t ok, but letting me know when something is really wrong is” speech, which 3-year-olds just flat-out do.not.get. Nevermind, getting your siblings in trouble is fun.
2. I realized on Sunday, as I leaned into the counter in the bathroom to inspect a wrinkle on my face in the mirror and got my pants all wet because somehow, when children wash their hands, water goes everywhere but the sink, that this will be one of those things that people say I’ll miss in a few years. Yes, I’ll miss having little ones in the house, but I really can’t see myself missing wet pants on the way out the door to church.
3. The pictures and video from Joplin is just horrifying. I can’t even wrap my brain around that kind of destruction, even though St. Louis just went through a bad tornado. 116 lives lost is just mind-boggling. It appears that Convoy of Hope and the American Red Cross are good organizations to donate through if you’d like to help.
4. We went hiking yesterday at Castlewood and had a great time! Jack Henry hiked the whole way until the last 15 minutes or so, until he (and Bennett) started to wear out and whine. Here are a few snapshots.
5. It’s summer haircut time for the 2 older boys…which is going to get its own post.
6. Cute teacher gifts! Cups available in multiple colors at Joann Fabric (plus, you can use a 40% off coupon, making them about $3.50), Crystal Lite wherever you shop (I found Crystal Lite Pure at Walmart for $2.00 a box). Download tag here.