Here was the list to start the summer. Honestly, I failed pretty miserably at getting things accomplished. But I have come to the realization that this dream I have of having more time in the summer is just that: a dream. 3 kids here all day long = no solitary moment to myself unless I’m in the bathroom, and if I’m in the bathroom, I can’t very well be painting the laundry room.
1. Read at least 6 books, 2 of which are not novels. Outcome: Major fail. I did read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels (LOVED it), and I’m currently reading 3 books: Heaven is for Real, Crazy Love, and The Leader in Me. So, like, go me. Three at once. Booyah. I’ll probably be finished with all of them by Christmas.
2. Paint the laundry room walls and cabinets. Change out light fixture. Outcome: Thanks to the boys’ time with Nana Jo, this was accomplished, minus the light fixture. I need to find something good and cheap that I can refinish for that project to happen. In case you don’t believe me, here’s the proof:
3. Add Advent calendars to etsy shop. Outcome: I bought a guillotine paper cutter! That’s the first step! And I ordered some supplies…but, uh, no. This didn’t happen.
4. Take the kids to 2 new (to them) St. Louis places: Citygarden and The City Museum. Outcome: CityGarden was really fun!
5. Complete wall art (subway-style featuring words to one of my favorite songs) + mystery project to go with this, which I can’t talk about because Matt reads my blog. Outcome: not started on wall art, mystery project scrapped because of project #8, which is in progress.
6. Complete another mystery project. Outcome: worked on it, but not finished. New deadline: our anniversary in October. I think it’s gonna rock.
7. Paint playroom chandy. Outcome: haven’t touched it. But I’ve thought about it a lot. That counts, right?
8. Decorate our entryway on the cheap…I always see incredible furniture and mirrors that have been painted a funky color, and I want to do this so badly. Outcome: Not only did I find something for FIVE BUCKS, but I’ve turned it into something really cool!
9. Huge undertaking: spray painting the shutters. Outcome: COMPLETED! Except we didn’t spray paint, we brushed on the paint. It was a process, but I’m so glad it’s done. And it looks fantastic, along with the new landscaping and lighting, which we did not intend to do this summer, but ended up doing anyway.
10. Find an old, sturdy, 3-drawer filing cabinet, and redo it. Outcome: Haven’t found one yet.
11. New front and back door trim projects. Outcome: about halfway done with this. I hate mundane, uninteresting crap projects like this.
So, all in all, some progress made, lots to keep working on…but what would I be without a long to-do list?