The other day when I took the boys out for lunch, and we discussed goals, Bennett asked me what my goals were.
I told him that one of my main, ongoing goals is to get back to planning and posting our meals, using our menu board weekly, as the kids really like being able to see what’s next.
He thought that was a good goal, and then said something like, “Do you have any goals about cleaning our house?”
Hmph. “Do you think I need some?”
Bennett: “Well, no. It’s just that it’s kinda like your job.”
I changed the subject.
But, I do have a small list of goals for this year, and writing them down makes me feel more accountable, so here goes:
1a. Menu plan. It just makes sense, saves time and saves money.
1b. Continue to try new recipes. At least once a month. First up is this Mini Phyllo Taco recipe of Sonya’s that I think should be a hit with at least 4 out of the 5 of us.
2. Make a little gallery wall in the entryway. I was doing pretty well on this, gathering pieces for it from different places, and then the holidays hit and I haven’t even thought of it in weeks.
3. Decorate half-wall in kitchen. I’ve got an idea in my head that should be cheap and easy…
4. Update etsy shop. I’ve got lots of new fabric for flowers and some ideas for new combinations, and I just need to get it done! I want to continue to update throughout the year, also.
5. Finish up the boys’ coat area. One art project + one handyman (ahem, husband, that’s you) project will = finished.
6. Read more books…this is easy because last year, I maybe read 5 all year. By the end of this week, I’ll have read 2 (more on that coming up soon).
7. Finish my Mixbook photo book of our Colorado vacation (must be done by March or I lose out on the deal I got, so this needs to happen soon). And, make one for this coming summer vacation before many months elapse like happened this time.
So that reads more like a to-do list, but oh well. I’m fine with that. What are your goals for 2012?