So. A couple of weeks ago on Facebook, I posted a picture of the bathroom wall I’d just started stenciling. I said it was easier than I thought it would be, I loved how it looked, etc, etc. I had about 80% of it finished that first weekend. And then the kids were sick for 10 days and I didn’t touch it.
So Wednesday morning, I decided to tackle what was left of this project, and I knew it would be the worst part, because it was corners and details.
This project sucked.
It’s safe to say that stenciling is not one of my hidden talents.
I was okay with there being some small imperfections…I really, really was. But this was beyond what I could handle. When you stood outside the bathroom and looked in, it looked fine. But inside the bathroom it was so horribly uneven that I just couldn’t take it. And in one spot, the stencil got off line just a teeny tiny bit and it made enough of a difference that I just decided to throw in the towel.
So, I repainted the wall the original color. There are some areas with a tiny bit of texture, but you’d have to be looking for it to see it.
Not all DIY projects go well. This one did not. But in the end, this is no big deal…some time wasted, yes, and a quart of paint that I didn’t really need to buy, but it was worth the risk.
And I may stencil again…just not on a wall. I’m thinking on a dresser or something. And with a stencil that does not have tiny circles as a part of the design.