After much brainstorming and list-making, the boys and I have compiled a mega-list of summer activities we’d like to do!
I modeled our checklist off this idea, but used a much smaller frame that I already had here. I spray painted it, stuck a sheet of scrapbook paper behind the glass, and used my Silhouette to cut the tag and Summer 2012 header. You’ll see there’s room to add a few more items to the list…
BTW: did you know that you can use a permanent marker on glass, and it wipes clean with Windex? Yep!
2. Grant’s Farm
3. Queeny Park
4. Disney World!
6. Manchester Pool (since we normally just go to our neighborhood pool)
7. Go to the Used bookstore (be still my heart…this was Luke’s idea)
8. Purina Farms (note: open Tuesday-Sunday, must make reservations)
9. Lunch with Dad (if you don’t already know, come back tomorrow to find out why this will be especially new and different this time!)
10. Twin Oaks Park
11. Rocket Park (actual name: Deer Creek Park in Maplewood)
12. Do a big puzzle
14. Reading night (where the kids get to stay up as late as they want as long as they’re reading)
15. Go to Cardinals game
16. Walk the trail at school
17. Suson Park
18. Simpson Park (there’s an RC car track at this place that the boys want to show us!)
19. Lone Elk Park (added after picture was taken)
20. Sugarcreek Park
21. City Museum
22. Stay up late to watch a whole Cardinals game
23. Bluebird Park to play and walk through the woods
24. Summer reading program at the library
25. Schroeder Park
26. Science projects
27. Luke and Jack Henry switch rooms (big undertaking for me!)
28. Make a kid wash sprinkler…and the caveat is that midway through summer, after we’ve enjoyed it for several weeks, we’ll put it on Craigslist because we can’t store it. We are all super-excited about this one! The boys are going to help with the construction.
29. Powder Valley
30. Creve Coeur Lake/Park
31. Wednesday night concert at Botanical Gardens
32. Tropical Sno (added after picture was taken)
It’s going to be a fun, fun summer! School’s out in just 5 days.