Grouped by category for your ease in reading my jumbled thoughts.
1. GM has discontinued my favorite cereal, Multi-Bran Chex. Seriously, I almost cried. I’ve eaten this for YEARS, as has the rest of my family, and it’s gone. Well, it’s still on Amazon, but I’m way too cheap to spend nearly $7/box on it. If you need my address to send your condolences via a case of my favorite cereal, I can get you that info.
2. I’ve never, ever been a fan of Cheez-Its, but lately the boys have been asking for different flavors and occasionally, I’ll give in and buy them. Oh my goodness…4 Cheese Italian, Baby Swiss, and Cheddar Jack are all so good!
1. I don’t eat very many Cheez-Its.
2. I DO eat a LOT of green stuff. Every day.
3. My Fitness Pal tells me I’ve been at this 130+ days, and I’m down almost 21 lbs in that time, along with lots of inches and a couple of pants sizes. Hooray! I’m almost there…4 lbs to go, and these last few aren’t letting go easily.
4. Jillian Michaels and I spend time together several times a week…definitely not something I ever thought I’d say! Also crazy? I get up early on Saturday mornings to run/walk before the day with the boys starts.
5. Working out with Jillian, or running/walking using Map My Run = room for the occasional glass of wine (shhh to you girls I spent Monday evening with regarding how much wine was consumed).
6. I love texting Kelli, who’s doing this diet with me, stuff like “I almost threw up while working out today!”
RANDOM THINGS I LOVE
1. Ann Taylor Loft, and how their clothes fit now. Other stores, too, but this is one of my favorites.
2. Starbucks Cool Lime Refreshers
4. Friends reruns. I watch almost every night, and it never gets old.
5. That we finally get to meet our new niece Anna, and in the process, we get to see the Kelly family too (I can’t tell you how much I love that my kids are as excited as I am to spend the night with my college roomie and her family!).
THINGS I DON’T GET
1. Miranda Lambert
2. Jason Aldean
3. The attraction to Mexico as a vacation destination. Clearly, I know this woman wasn’t there for vacation, but why would you purposely go into this country unless you had to?
4. Having a website and then not updating it with relevant information. I’m looking at you, strawberry farm that said u-pick was open as of May 25, and then casually told us when we got there today that no one could pick until Friday.
1. Baseball is going great! Our schedule is just crazy full. It sometimes makes me nuts, but honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love that all 3 boys play and love it so much. I don’t love that I’m often feeding them a fourth meal when we get home late from the ballpark, but it is what it is.
2. My flowers are pretty right now…lantana is pretty much the coolest, and my awesome friend Robin gets the credit for a) digging the knockout roses out of the landscaping (they were in a bad spot and she took them to her house) and b) alerting me when the lantana was in at the store, so I could fill in the bare spots! OH – I have a chipmunk I need gone. Do you think a mousetrap or glue trap would hold him?
3. New banner pic above is from the Botanical Gardens last week!
4. New cleaning lists/procedures are in place and have started smoothly with no complaints from my little workers! However, the 2 older boys, now responsible for their entire bathroom’s cleaning, are disgusted by how gross cleaning a whole bathroom is. I’m not holding my breath but very hopeful that this will change their habits.
I’ll close with this cute pic of the boys and their friend C from today, playing at Queeny Park, checking one off the summer bucket list!