Mornings feel so repetitive on a school day. Today I really tried to listen to the things I say to my kids while they’re getting ready. I’m fairly certain they don’t need me in the mornings. Instead, all they really need is a recording of my voice saying the following things:
1. I know it’s early but you need to get up.
2. Did you brush your teeth?
3. It’s time to move along.
4. What do you want for breakfast?
5. Please eat and stop messing around.
6. Did you pack your snack and water bottle?
7. Please just eat.
8. Work with me here to make your lunch.
9. Do you have your library books/violin/homework/assignment notebook?
10. Get your shoes on.
11. I love you. Remember who you are.
Put 1-3 on repeat and shuffle upstairs, and 4-11 on repeat and shuffle downstairs, and you’re good to go.